New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man... two turkeys were gobbling like heck this morning. They started at 5:25 AM. I must of talked to them for over an hour... couldn't get them to come. 6:30 - 7:30 silence. Then I gave a crow call and the woods lit up again... crows yelling... turkey gobbling! I tried to move in on one of the turkey's but to no avail (too close to the houses... and I had to cross over a stream). Oh well... maybe tomorrow.

·
11,226 Posts
Same here Drag....I had 3 different gobblers gobbling at the same time but couldn't get them to come in. I had two hens and two jakes come within shooting range but the big guy's were too smart for me today. I also tried to move in on one and got pretty close but he too got down by the houses before I could close the gap enough! What a great morning to be in the woods...[up]

·
Registered
612 Posts
The third week should pick up even more. Most hens will have been bred by then and be sitting their nests earlier in the day. The toms should be coming into the calls much easier.... I stress the "should be" part.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts