New Jersey Hunters banner

Getting video gear ready to go (Pic).

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Ms Grit 
#1 ·
With less than two weeks until the opening day of deer season it is time to make sure you have all the necessary gear to film a good hunt. Here is one of my hunting set-ups which includes:
1. Canon GL-2 video camera
2. 6 camera and light batteries
3. a Sennheiser shotgun mic
4. a Canon video light
5. a Porta Brace camera rain cover
6. a Hoodman viewing screen sun shade
7. a Silk carbon fiber video tri-pod
8 a Muddy video tree arm
9. a Canon camera remote controler
10, a Manfrotto oil filled tip-pod head
11. a Lowellpro camera protective carry case
12. a Fieldline camera equipment back pack

With this equipment I am all set up and ready to film that very first Bow hunt on Sept. 12, 2009.
To anyone planning on doing the same thing, I wish you all the very best of luck![up][up][up]:D

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
LOL! actually it all packs up good but there are times when I wish I had a "pack mule" Just remember, if you don't have the gear with you, you can't use it when you need it. To video like a professional you must have all the gear necessary to do it correctly. Also remember, When I am shooting with this gear, I am not hunting myself but instead, filming another hunter so the camera gear is all I have to carry and worry about. When I self film I cut the gear down a bit and use a much smaller video arm.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Well son, your gear looks just like this. You of all people KNOW how much work it is! But......in the end as you also know from shooting with me for television, it is well worth it!!!! LOL![rofl]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.