New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant beleive it is on a saturday this year.Well I am heading up next wednesday to bow hunt a couple of days.Just stinks that I dont have the saturday,sunday before opening day to do some final preporation.I will have to do it next week and hope for the best.I am hunting southern zone (chemung county) anybody close by?

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh by the way,wish BOWHUNTECOP would join me this year,we had a blast last year.Hope your aunt is feeling better buddy.I will have one for you at "bear facts".:p

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Good luck up there buckfever..It's rifle up there now right? I'll be heading up to Maine in a few weeks...[up]

B

·
0 Posts
bear facts".
its spelled BARE FACTS. Yeah have a $5 water for me :p, and if its a rifle area, well you come see me if you want that .30-06, or .300 win mag

B

·
0 Posts
remember the good times we had up there buckfever with brownstones? Then that jerk came up there, and he wracked it for all of us. He would drive his ATV past us, hunt the day before opening day, or get to your spot before you if he knew you saw a buck. what a jerk

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats why we don't hunt there anymore.Besides got a way better spot now and do what I want on the property not what the politician say.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I'll be up in Han [no swearing please] for the first 2-3 days...

B

·
0 Posts
BuckFever that Sako .30-06 I have is dead on, if you need it, also got lots of ammo for it

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
[up]I will be hunting from Sat Opener thru Tues near Roscoe. Armed with my Rem 700 in '06. CANT WAIT!! Bear season now opens on Monday 11/21 so we dont have to wait a week..But if I do shoot a bear, I will be in trouble since I hunt 1.5 miles from the parking area..Two years ago killed a 212# 10 pt and it took me 5.5 hrs to get him out of the woods. My "so-called" friends didnt answer thier radios for the first mile of dragging...Last year we took a nice 8 pt..We hunt crowded state land but I have never seen another hunter more than 1/2 mile from the parking area.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i do alot of fishing in hancock. i know it well. i never hunted it tho. i usually stay at smith's colonial motel on 97. hang out at the DI or over at Alex's up on the hill by 17.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts