New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddies hunt 100 acres of field that is bordered by developements on 2 sides. the only place to set up stands is along the old morris canal which is about 50' wide then there is backyards. hoping that the 150' rule would pass we set stands up so we wouldnt have to walk them through the soy beans later in the season. well last week we decided to try to get promission to hunt within the safety zone of all the houses along the canal. out of the 10 people only had one guy give us a hard time but he signed or paper in the end. if you guys have a area that you want to get to just ask for permission 9 out of the 10 we asked didnt even question it just signed.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I tried yesterday at a prime piece of woods that they use as a funnel...my friends next door neighbor is an a$$hole to begin with...after explaining to him that I would be using bow only and would not be shooting towards his house he declined to give me permission to shoot within 450 of his house...and the funny thing is he used to be a "hunter". I hope 150' passes. Anyway congrats on getting permission...How did you go about talking to everyone?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we just introduced ourselves and explained to them how we would like to hunt the field but legally we couldn't because of the saftey zone law unless we had written permission in hand and how we would only be using a bow and arrow and shooting towards the field. believe it or not the guy that gave us the hard time claims to be a hunter too.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Good job.
Keep an eye on that "hunter."
I'd be using a climber and not a fixed stand, or others might wind up using it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we keep a very close eye on the property since we had problems with kids doing illegal things at a sink hole in the field. we have 2 wooden ladder stands set up. along the canal. we have a total of 5 stands and there is always someone in one of them as we rotate who and what stands get hunted.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
what a rare story in nj! congrats[up]

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
If he's not hunting it his buddies probably are hence the attitude.
I dont think he has buddies...Already scoped it out no bait or stands. If 150' passes ill be set ill give him the finger from my stand

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
he declined to give me permission
i misread it the first time to...i thought he said "decided to give me permission"..was a little confused...hopefully the 150' passes...that would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Why, because he was concerned,you said he signed it any way. Sounds like your never satisfied no matter the outcome
No I didnt huntfishsleep was the creator of this thread that said he ended up getting permission...I was speaking about my own experience

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I just had a homeowner approach me this week about hunting at his house. He asked me for blank permission forms and said that he would get all his neighbors to sign them so that we could hunt there.

People are sick of the deer and are very willing to give permission to hunt near their homes.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I just had a homeowner approach me this week about hunting at his house. He asked me for blank permission forms and said that he would get all his neighbors to sign them so that we could hunt there.

People are sick of the deer and are very willing to give permission to hunt near their homes.
If you have a problem with getting signatures just spray some cmere deer on their shrubs and come back in a week that[hihi]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts