New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting interested in waterfowl hunting. i dont know where to start but i have waders and stuff. i also have the calls and i know how to call a duck in, but i dont know where to hunt because i dont have a duck hunting dog. are there any shallow swamps that i can hunt in sussex county that will produce?

·
Registered
568 Posts
There are a few that are pretty good, up in Stokes, the Delaware, but ya gotta get out and scout as most of em are hit or miss depending on the weather, water levels, etc.

·
Registered
568 Posts
There are a bunch of little holes (some are decent sized) down in Stokes, but they've been pretty dry so far this year with the lack of rain. I'm going out next Sat. for ducks, hopefully my friend will have a few places scouted by then, as the conditions have changed so much.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Anyone want to take a newbie for a crack at some waterfowl?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I'll take you duck hunting sometime. Can you hunt during the week? Where do you live? Above all if you are under age your parents must meet me first.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im 14. i cant hunt on weekdays because of school. i live in hasbrouck heights. my dad would probably come with me to drive me. when and where would you be thinking of going?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
BobR, I can go during the week and I live in Lincoln Park. Don't worry about my parents, I'm 27.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We could go to spruce run. In Clinton right off 78. Do you know the area? Email me & we'll set up a hunt.
Mack; I have a 2 man TDB.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Bob, I used to live in High Bridge, I know where Spruce run is.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I actually live in Lincoln Park now. I lived in Midland Park.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts