New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I may be interested also. How much and what are the colors?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here's a bit of useless trivia for you. Field trial officials have required DNA tests on some German shorthair pointers because there has been some underhanded breeding done on them. The german shorthair is a great versatile dog, but it has been found if they are crossbred with an english pointer (similar in stature and compostion), the pointing instinct is much more pronounced and they can compete much better on a national level in field trials. Their coloring has always been a combination of liver, white, black, and brown. Years ago, GSP were more liver colored... now you see some that have a primarily white coat with liver spots. Some people suspect it's because of the pointer influence on the breed.

I'm not trying to bash the breed, I actually have quite a bit of respect for them. I've hunted over some great ones... Lance Casper (Muddy Foot Farm) has some of the best hunt quality pointers I've ever seen... and they are GSP's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D:D Liver /Ticked some white have three left all males they just turned three weeks old on 4/6 price is $700

1 - 10 of 10 Posts