New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Garmin eTrex20 a couple months ago and have been using it while I scout. For $29 a year you can subscribe to "Birdseye Imagery" where you use a program called basecamp to download satellite view of whatever area your going to be hunting. You can see the aerial view from the handheld while your in the woods, mark waypoints and it will record your travels throughout the woods. When you plug it in to your computer the next time and pull up basecamp you will see a satellite image just like google earth or bing maps and it will have highlighted lines for where u walked through as well as little flags with the given name for the waypoint (i.e Stand or Trailcam). Its a good unit and im pleased with it so far.

something similar in less detail to what it will look like on your computer/handheld

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I have a garmin etrex and am happy with the unit, but did not subscribe to the birds eye imagery. I would like to know what this does?

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to know what this does?
after you subscribe you can download satellite imagery for your handheld that looks identical to google earth....the handheld has an internal memory but you may need a mini SD card if you select a large area.

So instead of your handheld looking like a normal map it will look like the picture above just better detail. The red line would indicate the route you walked and the pins are waypoints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts