1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SATURDAY MAY 2, & SUNDAY MAY 3, 2009
9:00 AM -
EAST BRUNSWICK/OLD BRIDGE AREA

We have had a lot of requests for a hands-on weekend - so here it is!

Saturday will be our waterfowl seminar. You will need to bring 1 duck that is cleaned, skinned and ready to mount and all of the supplies needed to mount your duck. Also bring something that the duck will be placed on, such as a suitable base. We will mount a standing or lying down duck in this workshop. This will be hands-on. By the end of Saturday you will have a completed duck except for the final finishing work that needs to be done. We will instruct you on the proper way to clean and flesh your skins - washing throughout and degreasing and finally mounting your duck. This should be a lot a fun.

We will come back Sunday Morning and do it all over again, this time it is with a whitetail deer. Bring a totally prepared deer cape, manikin and all of your supplies and a mounting stand. We will go over form preparation, horn alignment, eye sets and skin alignment on the form. By the end of the day you will have your whitetail mounted except for the finishing work.

Your instructors for the weekend will be John Bollman and Paul Bacskoczky. We will try to ensure that all questions are answered. Both John and Paul will be mounting each species also.

The cost of this fantastic 2 day hands on workshop is for $100.00 for both days. Come and let's have some fun. Expect to learn a lot and mount some nice pieces.

Don't have a duck or deer, You can still attend and observe and learn. Remember, the money is going towards making a nicer show and helping everyone to bump it up a notch. Anyone who attends will learn something, guaranteed.

Please contact John Bollmann @ 201-444-0234 M-F 9-2pm 973-749-6444 weekends and evenings or email him at [email protected] or contact Paul Bacskoczky 732-887-5870 or (732-251-9120 after 5pm) or email him @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seminar is open to anyone wishing to get their feet wet in taxidermy or to pick up some pointers on stepping up a notch in quality. Everything will be covered from skinning to final mounting of both species. Both John and I compete in the Masters division in our respective categories and will give some competition tips also. Hope to see you there, Paul

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun.[up] Unfortunately, it's right smack in the middle of turkey season. If I tag out early, I will definitely make an attempt to go. This is something that I would like to learn more about.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For info on the duck seminar contact John as to what you will need and have ready. John will mount a duck first then help each with their mount. For whitetails I will mount a deer from a tanned cape but will go over everything from measuring to skinning to form and cape prep, mounting and finishing. Also any new G.S.T.A. members, your membership package is going out this week, sorry for the delay, Paul

·
Registered
648 Posts
You two better not teach these guys any bad habits since I won't be there to bust your chops, complain, and undermine what you're saying with alternate methods. I'd be there but there's 8 cubscouts going for bb gun and archery pins at the range that Saturday, and I'm one of the lucky range officers. See you two up at the NEAT show or if I get invited to the next meeting.

Dave

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BAD HABITS, they will learn to sew very little Sirsewalot, lol, Just make sure you face those scouts in the right direction, don't want to read about a range officer shot with multiple arrow's and bb's in the papers, not good pr. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You mean your going to teach them to use small stitches with small needles and thin thread to close the seams correctly and not tell them to use spears and rope with 1 inch stiches, and then pound them down with a hammer?????????[rofl]

No prob on pointing them in the right direction, that's anywhere but at me. Actually, they're a pretty good bunch of kids and I'm looking forward to seeing them do things on their own with a little guidance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Paul,
I am prepping the skin for the life size to be at mounted your seminar...LOL. I just got back my skins from the tanner, and I will be preparing a skin this week for you class. I would encourage anyone who is interested in learning and improving in the art of taxidermy, to attend this seminar. It is money well spent and the learning expierence is something they will remember. I will contact you this week.

Thanks
Ray

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.