New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the following notice.

The Proposed Amendments to the 2009-2012 Game Code were published in the April 6, 2009 NJ Register. Publication of the proposal opens the 60-day public comment period which includes a public hearing on Tuesday, April 21 at the State Museum in Trenton at 6:30 p.m.

To view the Notice of Rule Proposal visit http://www.nj.gov/dep/rules/notices/040609b.html on the NJ Dept. of Environmental Protection website. The notice page includes a link to a copy of the proposal in PDF format.

Proposed changes were summarized in the Feature Article, "Proposed Game Code Changes for 2009 - 2012 Hunting Seasons" which first appeared in the 2008 Hunting Issue of the Fish and Wildlife Digest. The article can be viewed at http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/artcode08.htm on the Division of Fish and Wildlife's website.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Yup. Goodbye 50 yard safety zone. Thanks crossbows.
I didn't see anything about Bear Hunting. I think they made a mistake.
I think what you are reading are proposed changes that can be made by DEP without legislation or orders from outside the DEP. They are also for a set period of time---not ALL time.

The 50 yds. passed both houses. Corzine now sends, vetos, sends back for amendment, or allows to pass in 45 days on his desk. We've got 3 weeks and change to go..keep CALLING AND FAXING!!!!!!!

The bear hunt is already in the code. Again, keep pestering the governor, or vote him out in November.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I have heard the "new definition of a bow" may be endangering both Sunday bow, and the reduction of the safety zone.

Anti-hunters are using images of crossbows, such as the PSE TAC 15, and saying this is what you will have, ready to fire, within 50 yards of houses, and mingling with the public on Sundays.

We may end up losing Sunday Bow and the safety zone reduction, but hey, at least we will have much more crowded hunting Monday through Saturday with locked and loaded, point and shoot, shoulder fired weapons. Oh, yeah, and more money for the Division...that's the most important thing, right? [confused]

Yep...real great advancements for bow hunters. [eyeroll]

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yep, as soon as CrossBOWS are legalized they will be blamed for everything from shortened seasons to miscarriages.
As some feel they are the root of ALL things EVIL...
Paul, I've known about this for some time. I never posted it because I knew that such easy dismissal would be the reaction since it was coming from me.

The fact is, whether posted by me, or Drag, it is a fact. The new definition of a bow...the one that includes crossbows... IS being used against those two Bills.

Hand held, hand drawn is different from something that can go off if you trip and fall, or can be fired reactively.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Hand held, hand drawn is different from something that can go off if you trip and fall, or can be fired reactively.
So can any Shotgun or MZ.......

Yea I know now you'll say that we're not trying to move them within 450' feet but we all know that a Firearm will shoot WELL beyond the 450' limit. And can be fired "reactively".. But what do you think is more dangerous, a Crossbow arrow fired at a moving Bush or a load of Buckshot ?

And what does tripping and falling have to do with Sunday hunting [confused]

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Would it have killed the council to hold the x bows until both bills were passed and signed. No matter where you stand on them it is piss poor on the councils part. If bills that were worked so hard on get killed because of greed.[wallmad]

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Would it have killed the council to hold the x bows until both bills were passed and signed
They are NOT part of the Game code. The Council has nothing to do with their passing.
CrossBOWS ARE part of the Game Code and will voted on by the Council.
If CrossBOWS were not included in this year's Code changes, they could not be considered for 2 years.
Who would have thought that the 2 Bow Bills would be this close to passing this soon ?

·
Registered
612 Posts
maybe im wrong but with the x bows [i have one being disabled there not all there crack up to be heavey hard to load and hard to carey] is this another way to stop guns in NJ along w/ sunday hunt just my stinking thinking

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
maybe im wrong but with the x bows [i have one being disabled there not all there crack up to be heavey hard to load and hard to carey] is this another way to stop guns in NJ along w/ sunday hunt just my stinking thinking
It is a good point,almost sounds like obamas on the council

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yea I know now you'll say that we're not trying to move them within 450' feet but we all know that a Firearm will shoot WELL beyond the 450' limit. And can be fired "reactively".. But what do you think is more dangerous, a Crossbow arrow fired at a moving Bush or a load of Buckshot ?
Paul, I'm not the one saying a crossbow is more dangerous than a gun. I'm just pointing out how they are using it. And the Bill's are for bows and arrows, not guns.

If we were trying to move firearms within 150 feet, or on Sundays, I'm sure they would be making the same point. Without adding crossbows included in bow season, that point is not there to be made.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.