New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just put on a G5 rest (dropaway) and shot it and no matter what i do with my adjustments, the vanes hit the rest. NOTHING will stop it.

I shot my old school 4" vanes through it and they go perfect, but the blazer dont have the clearance..

anyone else have that problem?

I noticed the blazer vanes hit cables on a lot of bows, as well as MANY different types of drop aways including mathews and G5...

Just a heads up, if you shoot blazer vanes, check your set up, make sure they are not grazing your accessories and causing your accuracy to pay the toll.

good luck

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I have the G5 rest on my new Quest HPS33. I'm shooting 30" Gold Tips with blazers and don't have any problems.
If you live close to Garfield, take it to Pete. He'll fix it ;) Good luck.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sounds like the rest is coming up to late. I have installed a couple of these and the rest has to come up at the last 1/2" of draw. I usually time them so they don't come up at full draw and I start tightening the cord a little at a time until there is no slack in it. Also, the cord should be tied to the down cable about mid grip when the bow is at rest.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I shoot the expert 2 rest with Blazers and don't have a problem. Take prez's advise it should fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Vapor Trail Limb Driver is a great rest,but you can shoot blazer out of a G5 rest.

Outlaw if you can't get it work you are more than welcome to come to my house and I will set it up for you. I have a full shop in my garage. I'm about 15 min. from Clifton.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks prez, im actually heading to targeteers now... gonna just refletch to 4" vanes... im not convinced the blazers are any more than a gimmick.
i used to shoot 110 yards and hit milk jugs, now i switched and i cant group in a milk jug at 50 yards... depressing, really.

thanks everyone[up]

just keep an eye on your vanes/rest and watch for contact..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.