New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of the broadheads from g5. I am looking to get new heads for the upcoming season.

·
Registered
270 Posts
85 grain Montec's for the past 3 seasons. Although I have taken multiple deer and antelope with them, I am not impressed with the entry/exit holes. Solid, easy to sharpen and fly real close to field points. Gonna give it another year and then re-assess.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend used the 100gr montec's and he said they left a very poor blood trail for a complete pass thru.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use 100 Gr. Montec's for the last 4 seasons and love them. Reliable, tough, re-usable. Cutting diameter isn't the largest. But out of my (well tuned) bow, I have them group 8" at 100 yards, same 8" as my field points.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I just ordered some tekans.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
montecs 100 grn flew great out of my ol hoyt magnatec hit the same holes as field points.they also have practice heads you can buy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ive been using strykers and montecs[up]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I've used to Montec 100's for the last 3 seasons and all deer I shot with them have dropped within sight! can't ask for better than that![up]

·
Registered
193 Posts
Scouts honor! [up]

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I shot Tekan's 2 years ago and they shot well but I switched over to Rage 2-blades after seeing the bigger hole they make and have never looked back. Their damage is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The stryker or better yet, the stryker magnum is the way to go in the G5 lineup...
I just bought six Striker Magnums. I have them grouping great out to 60 yds. Not that I shoot deer at 60 yds, but test heads at 20 yd incriments out to 60.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Used the Montecs last year and they left a little to be desired with respect to blood trails, going back to the Rocket Steelheads this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts