New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What time does the fur auction start? Should I grab all my stuff and get in line or do they give you a number or something?

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Usually a decent size line
never sold my fur at an auction. seems to me its a hassle? i may be wrong because i have never sold at an auction, but i like the simplicity of just driving to my buyer with fur, and driving home with a check. every year i say i ill try the auction, but it never happens haha, maybe next year!

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
Off topic but what's a beaver pelt go for? Like a good price at auction would be???

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
never sold my fur at an auction. seems to me its a hassle? i may be wrong because i have never sold at an auction, but i like the simplicity of just driving to my buyer with fur, and driving home with a check. every year i say i ill try the auction, but it never happens haha, maybe next year!
Selling to a country buyer IS simple and you also have the ability to say no if his prices aren't what you expect. However I wouldn't concider an auction as being a hassle. I enjoy talking with other trappers and seeing how others 'put-up' their furs. Also haveing different buyers bidding for your hard earned fur assures that you are getting top dollar for the current market. The more buyers...the better for you. You can stay if you want or just register the furs and go home and wait for the check to come. I enjoy visiting my local buyer every year and feels he always gives me a fair deal, but it's nice not to put all your eggs in the same basket. Besides that....after haveing spent all that time on your trapline, Waiting to register the fur ....Ain't no biggy :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Somehow I dont think any local buyer coulda even come close on my Pa cat last year compared to what I saw at auction...or what I saw this year in February at aucion...

Aint sayin another word. Its an individual choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts