New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Saturday evening I am organizing a fundraiser for a Wounded Warrior, Len Lacina.

Len Lacina has been wheel-chair bound for 10 years after a medical mishap in the Service. His story will be posted on the timeline.

He has the opportunity to walk with braces but they are expensive. Len has done the heavy lifting on this and raised $16,000. However, we are $8,000 short of the $26,000 needed to purchase the braces.

He hunted with the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Environmental Projects in North Jersey and we got to know him and feel that it is important to help get him the life he deserves. It's a small price to pay for what he sacrificed for our freedom.

Check out the flyer and we hope that you can support it.

Also, another Wounded Warrior is crafting 2 very special fly rods (5 weight and 8 weight) along with custom cases. They are going to be beauties.

I am in search of a donation of 2 reels to go into the auction as well. If you are able to help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

Pola Galie
legsforlennyflyerprt.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think this is Great to Help a Veteran, Any help is a Blessing , As a Contributor Advisor to My Local Veterans Group That has Rebuilt Homes, Ramps, Cars, Given $$$ aid, Emotional Support, I have one Question Why has The Veterans Administration not Provided this Brace,
Could it be because it was not Service Connected, Not S/S Eligible,
If I can help I will The Place to start is with the Freeholders then to the Senators, Monmouth County Freehold Burley is a Champion for Veterans he gets it Done, and The County Veterans Office sees that it is done and the connections are Made, Hope for The Best , Bill

If you do not care to post send me a PM,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonight's the night! I want to thank everyone in advance who has supported and donated and will be there tonight. One of our bands who has CDs is going to donate $5. from every CD sale to the cause and they are already donating their performance. Whoo hoo!

Thank yous go to so many people but I especially would like to thank ElkSlayer; Mike Sanowich, Trout Unlimited - Hacklebarney Chapter; Clementon Gun Club, New Jersey Trappers Association, Hudson Farm Foundation, VFW #4703 Auxiliary (Jackson) and so, so many supporters who appreciate, respect and support our Wounded Warriors, Veterans and Armed Forces Members.

Donations will be accepted and folks can join us this evening as the evening is in progress. There will be a special presentation from student government of the Berlin Elementary School too.

Gotta go, because I am on cooking duty soon. Looking forward to tonight.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What kind of stuff is in the silent auction?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts