New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy shot a nice 9 pointer in the beginning of November. He took it to the taxidermist to have a european mount done because he didn't have time to fool with it. The guy says he'll have it done before christmas. Christmas roles around then new years and he calls the guy and he says he's been slammed with work and is almost done with it. So a couple more weeks pass and now the guy is ducking his calls. So he went over there this morning to have a little chat with the guy. No one is around and he's looking around and sees his deer head in the same bag he gave it to the guy in November behind his shop maggot encrusted without anything done to it since he dropped it off. Striking while the iron is hot and tired of chasing him down and being lied to he grabs his head and takes off.

This is where i get the phone call. Wanna help me out buddy? So I go over and this thing is pain old nasty (like choke a maggot, drive heaving, nasty) we get the meat off and then start boiling and scraping. After about an hour its looking good. We soaked the head in peroxide for a couple hours (and a 6 pack) and the head looks like a million bucks. Piss on these jerk/hack taxidermists that can't keep a deadline, lie like a rug and hurt the guys that do a good job.

Peach trying to defeat the stench

out of the boiling water into the peroxide

Just needs to dry

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Peach trying to defeat the stench
just as an FYI particulate masks do nothing for odors...

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hope you debrained it....
That would've been the slimy brown stuff running out thru the mouth - the brain cavity was empty

just as an FYI particulate masks do nothing for odors...
learned that one the hard way

It actually came out very well and doesn't stink at all....just really gross getting there. My buddy lives in a condo complex and i don't think his neighbors will be speaking to him for a while

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Now call up the taxidermist and don't tell him you took the head.ask him if you can swing by and look at the mount because you forgot what it looks like . See what he says when he realizes its gone.make him sweat it

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Now call up the taxidermist and don't tell him you took the head.ask him if you can swing by and look at the mount because you forgot what it looks like . See what he says when he realizes its gone.make him sweat it

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Got the same runaround from a taxidermist excuses, lie after lie, months later I picked up my untouched deer and brought to a reputable taxidermist. Looks good and you saved a few bucks.[up]

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
Tell him your friend the (pick a profession[hihi]) trooper, mayor, senator, wants his head and will over in 2 hours as soon as his helicopter lands[hihi]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts