New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to you guys like? Stabil didn't work, neither did Sea Foam. Whats left? I thought I found a winner with the Sea Foam, but the leaf blower kept dying with two month old fuel. Stabil was in the weed whacker for a little over a month before the carb got gummed up.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I use marine stabil. I run all my equipment dry. I wont use fuel that is over a month old. If so dump it in truck and get fresh. The new gas just sucks! Old gas very bad for 2 strokes!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Stor-n-start...Its made by Marine Development and Research and designed for boats (so water in a weedwacker should be no problem at all for it). I used to work for the company and I know for a fact that it is extremely effiecent (not being biased). Its pretty cheap too, I use it in my truck from time to time as well as my leaf blower and weedwacker and never had an issue with it. If you are anywhere near Passaic county ill even see if I can get you a bottle for free if you wanna meet me. If not go to http://shop.mdramazon.com/

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
My New England buddies recommended blue and thats all I've used. They warned me not to use red. I'm not sure what the formula difference is[confused]

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Had a '92 Pontiac that sat for at least 2 years. Some guy wanted to buy it if I could get it started. My mechanic told me to put a quart of denatured alchol in and go for it. It did work. sold car guy ran it for another 2 years. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Yep Starbrite !! Each year my boat has at least 40-80 gallons stored over winter. Never a problem for my 2 stroke

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I know a small engine mechanic and he told me they all are junk, then best one he said he has found was the marine stabil, and even that didn't make his expectations. He told me best thing to do is just run dry when your done then nothing can go wrong. SO thats what I do run dry and dump the rest into my car, save a lot of money I don't have to spend also.

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Very good post. I didn't know there were two different kinds of StaBil [up]

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
He told me best thing to do is just run dry when your done then nothing can go wrong
The best advice no doubt. I had an expensive fix to clean out my outboard that could have been avoided had I known that. As much of a pain in the ass it might be, I disconnect the hose to the motor, push and hold the plunger on the gas intake, then wait for the motor to stop. Sometimes it takes forever for it to quit, but it is a small price to pay compared to a bill from a mechanic.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I put stabilizer in every gallon of gas I use and run my engines dry when storing as well. It's cheap enough to use all the time. Never had a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts