New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only been out two times, but I haven't seen a deer while on stand yet. Anyone having the same great luck I am? I'm not used to not seeing deer, especially after loosing two great hunting properties I used to have. I guess those properties spoiled me.[smirk]

·
Registered
446 Posts
im having the same issues dont know whtas going on wheter summer patterns r still holding or what but its sure does piss u off

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Its been tuff so far... central (Zone 12 in Somerset) and northern (Zone 5 in Stillwater).

I'm working at it! Trying to find the deer! Its called hunting, not killing (I keep reminding myself).

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
At least you guys have gotten out.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
For me, they have been coming in "spurts". I saw 3 deer on opening day. Saturday I saw 5 or 6 does and a small 3 ptr in the evening. Tonight, I saw 5 or 6 different bucks (all out of velvet, only one was a possible shooter if I had my doe) and four does. Misjudged the yardage to the one doe and shot right under her. I thought it was about 25 yards, but when I paced it off, it was over 30. Beautiful shot, beautiful angle, just slightly quartering away, the arrow just dropped too much....Dang arrow!:D I shoulda brought my rangefinder.

They are out there, and they are starting to become more active with the cooler weather. You just have to get out there and find them like Drag said! [up]

Good luck all![up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts