New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over for one. I know I can order one for under $5, but I refuse to pay $8 additional in shipping/handling. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
you dont want a cheap one you will go thru 8 of them a night easy ,I have to look up the one you want ,it is bad ass ,it is like 30 bucks but it will last forever and you cant miss w/ it.edit here it is
http://www.sbtoutdoors.com/mobley's-frog-gig-head-light.htm
by far the best I ever used .

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
bro ,I have been stagering drunk in the swamp and still cant miss ,the old style is flat so you have to turn the head on it depending on the way the frog is facing ,w/ this it is boxed so it sticks every time and they are only fishing hooks straightened out so they are cheap to replace ,I did around 100 frogs on mine last year and didnt have any trouble while my buddies were going thru about 8-10 cheap ones so I broke even the first night

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is this for to catch them for bait? It might sound stupid, but I don't know.
Not for bait, for dinner. I have a few recipes I'd like to try. Season started yesterday, but the starter on my truck went! I'll be replacing the starter in the a.m. and froggin in the p.m.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
How do they taste
I had some legs left over from last year and made frog leg scampi over angle hair pasta ,wow was it good .

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
How do they taste?
[tasty][tasty] i love em...tastes like chicken [rofl]

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've tried them at a French restaurant, but I want to catch and cook my own. Frog legs = the other, other, other white meat.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
that is it ,bad ass gig .if you can find frogs it will work ,frogs are hard to come by down by me ,I have to walk over a mile back into a swamp to get to good grounds ,froggin isnt for everyone alot of people freak out ,I only have one guy that goes w/ me at time I have to go alone ,I love when I take someone new and they step on there first snapper in the lilly pads ,I had one guy last year freak when a bat hit him in the side of the head ,the trip was over fast ,lol.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just ordered it with some replacements as well. Called Simon Peter sport shop, the have an eagle claw gig I'll be using until that one arrives.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I gotta try that too. Donb, Im not up on reading my season dates anymore.[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i just shine a light at night and aim right between the eyes with the bb gun and it does the trick everytime

1 - 20 of 22 Posts