New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to try for one of the big boys tomorrow up in Zone 2. Not a EAB Zone so the big boys better watch out tomorrow cause I am well over due and I am am going to be trowing everything I got at them. I got the Tinks 69, Grunt tube, Dominate buck lure and rattling antlers man I wish I could fall asleep I always get like this and can't sleep when I am going out the next morning.

Good Luck to all going out tomorrow!![up]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I wish I could fall asleep I always get like this and can't sleep when I am going out the next morning.

Good Luck to all going out tomorrow!!
man My same problem its now 12:34 and I'm heading out at 3:00[sad]

Good luck to all

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Well this morning I saw 2 6 pointers didn't get a shot off but I'll be back in the woods this afternoon.

The big 6 pointer has to be a 2 1/2 yr old wide rack buck very nice. If he comes by again I'll take him if the shoot is there.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Very disappointed. tried a new spot this morning and didnt see a thing. Going out again this afternoon.

B

·
0 Posts
with this weather I think the deer are relaxing drinking some cold ice tea :p:D

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
At about 7:15am, I saw a doe feeding on some acorns. She had a decent 6 pointer about 40 yards away watching her, and a pretty big 8-pointer between her and the 6 pointer. I walked to within 20 yards of the big buck, then he walked off. Man, I wish that wasn't on Trenton Psychiatric Hospital grounds. ;)

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Was out in zone 4 today...saw nothing but squirrels in the morning.....saw a group of 6-8 doe at 4pm....Jumped 3 more on the way out, maybe the same deer

Tried that "Buck Bomb". Was not impressed. I thought it would spray much longer than it did. It stopped spraying by the time I was up the tree. It did atomize the equivelent of a whole bottle of doe in heat urine.

Going pheasant hunting in Sterling Forest tomorrow and then to Cherry Ridge to try out my new shooting stix.

Sunday turkey hunting in SFSF.

Right now all my SFSF hunting is to scout for rifle season and determine if I will buy my NYS big game license. I don't really expect to get a turkey. A pheasent maybe,,,they stocked this week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hunted hard all day today with no luck at all. Jumped a few walking in this morning but that was it. Hunted same spot last week and had bucks running everywhere. Heard some good things about the muzzleloader hunt in High Point so hopefully I can fill the freezer up there before heading back to try for the big boy in waywayanda whose been giving me the slip the past 2 years. I seriously think that this deer is toying with me! He made a nice rub last night right under my tree stand! Hopefully he'll slip up before the gunners scare him back to the swamp til next year.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
A pheasent maybe,,,they stocked this week
Does NY put out a stocking list like NJ does? My father-in-law has a cabin that borders a state park outside of East Durham. I want to bring my pup there next year. Wondering if it worth my while to get the small game license. Does NY put out a lot of birds?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Went out this morning and kicked up 10 to 15 deer that were near my stand. Saw nothing all morning. Went back out in the afternoon and saw one doe and that was it. The bucks were running good last week. Will try some code blue tomorrow afternoon.Good luck to all that will be in the woods tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Got skunked again today. Weather is to hot, I think I will try the corner bar tomorrow. I'm sure all the bucks are going to be in there drinking beer.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Well I guess no sleep payed off,saw two bears in the am and 5 does and a seven pointer in the afternoon.
seven pointer never came in but i finally got a doe, nice sized one too[up]
they were moving very late.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts