New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Some in the morning while it was still dark. Nothing when the sun came up. Saw the same guy on the quad as Drag and that was it.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Were you in Mine Hill Sean? I saw a nice 4 point last night . Came in looking for the doe that wasnt there. I put out estrus. grunting, lip curled he was ready for a little action. I could have shot that deer many many times. Any way I bet he'll be a real nice shooter in a year or two.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
ShawnM I was Hunting Nelsons this morning. The guy on the quad was from the county doing some surveying. Nelson applied for Farm conservation.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I know he was there yesterday too. My budy hunted there yesterday and the guy was there. I might be there tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Who are you hunting with there? I have not seen anyone there. Kris hunted the ladder stand that is in the hedgerow. I am going to be there tomorrow also I think. I hunt the ladder stand that is just off the back field and by the swamp.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I was out this morning and didnt see much. I did manage to rattle in a button buck. I was lightly rattling on the Primos buck board and the button came running in. I've seen him before, he's a fiesty little deer...I hope to get out this afternoon....good luck!

·
Registered
957 Posts
hkdonfishn,
I hunt there with Jame Woods. He is in the same firehouse as Nelson. Jame has a Landscapeing biz & work's as a fireman & he live in Lafayette. He never seen you before to must be miss each other . We talk to the kid & guy that live in the house that is in front of Nelson's house they hunt in the wood's in front/to right of Nelson's house.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Great evening in the woods. On the way in I saw a coyote in a cut corn field. Got set up in my stand and a flock of turkeys comes walking down the fields edge. About an hour later two bucks are walking through the field. one was a nice eight and the other was a forkhorn. They lightly sparred in the field for a couple mins then made there way out. About a half hour later another small buck made his way into the field and browsed around for a little while then left as well. 10 mins after that had a doe come in downwind She got to about twenty yards but wasn't presenting a shot when she threw her head up and starting sniffing the air. BUSTED!!!!!! I hate that. She trotted off snorting about five or six times alerting all other deer in the vicinity. She started coming back in but then someone on a neighboring property was riding their quad around and she bolted. Oh well. great afternoon/evening in the woods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts