New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well still looks like it is going to rain all day. THIS SUCKS!!! [mad] But Saturday is looking REALLY good!! [up] Caan't wait, I have been cooped up all week with nothing to do. Woj, let me know whats going on for tomorrow[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
we are on. i can only hunt till around 10. let me know if this is good. i emailed you already.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Looks good right now, but who knows how long it will stay that way.[confused]

This coming week should be good hunting weather though.[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Im just praying the first two weeks of November arent rainy like this. Thats when the action will really heat up....this is all just a transitional phase. Changing food sources, changing the time of movement, and they are starting to exhibit some "rut" behavior.

Cool, crisp days with steady breezes! Thats what I wish for when November rolls around!!![up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I just stopped by a deli before work, a parks and forest guy was in there from allaire and said a dam broke in allaire and the blacksmith shop area is wiped out!!! This rain is amazing.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Ian I want to go out hunting tomorrow do you and Woj want to meetup someplace?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Hkdon, I'll be going Tuesday. I'll probally go every afternoon next week except for Monday (damn anniversary). Any day you want to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Woj, Matty, Imb,

Where are you guys hunting? Got room for one more??

I am planning to get out Sat morning, but looking for a change of speed and would like to put another nice doe in the freezer (and in the bank for BAD)

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Dan, I replied to your email.

Not sure what everyones plans are, butI can only hunt the morning. (Brothers B-day)

Maybe Sean, Ian, Dan, Woj, and myself can all get together. That would be pretty cool....If we cant get one with that many guys.....oh nevermind, I said that once before and it backfired. :D

Ian, are you going to invite us all to Seans spot? LOL :p:D

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Ian, are you going to invite us all to Seans spot? LOL
lol, not for nothing I've been hunting "Seans" spot longer than Sean. pretty soon I'm going to have to take a number to hunt there. :D Its funny I never ran into him while hunting there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I will be doing a pm hunt tonight. the rain in sj is about gone just a light mist should be gone by the time I get out of there but a poss of it returning later in the eve.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
hey sean lets try to keep it under 50 hunters in our spot ok.:D

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hey guys, I don't want it to seem like I am trying to encroach on anyone's spots. Just looking to get out hunting with some guys from the sight for a morning instead of always hunting alone.

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just so you know, I dont go there unless Im invited.

Same goes for the spot Kris showed me, or any spot that someone shows me.

Even though they are public lands, its "spot respect."[up]:)

I havent been in there without the people who showed me the spots yet. Oh except the day I was in there and shot that big buck....oh and the other day when I killed that big doe...and then last night when...:p:D

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Dan, don't worry no one thinks your encroaching. See its tough and I dont want to come off like a jerk.
I have been hunting this spot for around 25 years my pop, propally closer to 40. I know Sean has been up there for a while too. See its not having you guys hunt there its the fact that Sean, Myself, or my Father have never had permission to hunt there. we have been basicly trespassing for a very long time. Most of the local cops know us and look the other way. But we can easily get thrown off there if we become to high profile.
And of course the obvious reason is that its been a nice quiet spot for us. I'm sure alot of you guys understand about having a honey hole. You dont want to see your spots get over run with other hunters do you? I'm not selfish and have brought guys there to hunt I just dont want it to get to over exposed. Like I said I have no right to keep people out I just dont want to see us get kicked out of there.
I had to say my piece I hope you guys understand.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts