New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Take his set and I will throw in mine. :D

Kidding the wifes great she puts up with all my hunting and fishing.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have been married since 1969, yes I'm getting old. Anyway on our way to the services, I told her that I would be faithfull to her, but if she ever messed with my guns or fishing gear, that I would send her packing. I promised her that I would not hang out in bars, but will be spending a lot of time sitting on trees, and floating on water.
Been happily married for 36 years. Yes I did break one promise, the bar, she has kept hers.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
It took me till my 3rd wife to find a keeper. This one scouts, drags, field dresses, baits ( last Nov. while I was in Montana for 10days she put out 600lbs of corn at my baits ),and still looks great in a bikini:D And no, I'm not posting any pictures !!
She's a real keeper[up]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well, I must say that my wife is a trooper. We dated for 5 years and now we have been married for almost 5. I told her right from the start, I hunt and I fish, those are my two passions and it's not gonna change. Basically what it comes down to, is that you have to do your part. I take care of the bills, watch the kid when needed and work around the house = I go hunting/ fishing. She keeps the house clean, cooks, does laundry wathces the kid(3 years old) 2nd due any day now = she goes shopping, to the beach, friends house, etc... Easy as that! It's a team sport.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Wow, luv2hunt sounds just like my marriage, how old are you? Im 27 with the same situation 3 year old, another due in august, and the same speech about the bills to the t. I tell my wife when she complains, hey Im just the accounts payable and maintenance supervisor, your going to have to consult the chef about dinner plans. :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Drome, I'm 31. The bills speech just came into the picture recently. My wife worked full time until about 2 months ago, when she went on maternity leave, and will not be going back, probably until both kids are in school. It was a tough decision on not going back, because she had a good paying job, benefits and all, she worked for FORD. Now the burden is all on me. We figured for what it costs to have a nanny today, it doesn't pay for her to go back to work.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah i agree, mines a keeper too. i go hunting and do just about anything i want as long as the bills are paid and theres money to do it . she just doesnt complain at all. also we have a very large family so as long as i do the family thing when she wants me to .

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
My wife (#2) can't cook, doesn't clean (ok as long as she pays someone to), is a vegetarian (ok cause there's more venison for me:D). She fishes but won't touch bait, scouts the woods with me, shoots, hunts but won't gut (yet, we'll see). But, she's cool as hell and does look good in a bikini.:D Guess I'll keep her. Kids are grown and with my ex. They're cool but not into any of this.[sad]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts