New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mojo is a a Mountain Curr/Catahoula Leopard Dog mix. He is a big guy, 11 months old and not fixed. He was adopted from a local shelter, the shelter lied and said he was part Great Dane. Mojo is not part Dane. I did my reach and I know he will make a big game hunter very happy. He is very intelligent, he is house trained and eager to please the right owner. This breed is corageous, brave, and dominant he needs a pack leader, not a family with small dogs and children. He wants to learn and spend his days doing what he was bred to do...hunt!

CameraZOOM-20150223215752869.jpg

Email for pics and any questions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cute pup! Looks like my plott hound. I got her from a rescue at 8 weeks. Was told she was a lab/Shepard mix. Took her to vet walked in the door and vet said that's such a pretty plott hound and of course my reply was wtf is a plott hound. Been an awesome 80# 10 month old and not very graceful. Good luck in finding a home for the pup!

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Catahoulas are not for everyone but best dogs I ever had have 2 already or would consider this guy.

Reactions: birdman21

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
good luck on finding a home he is a cute pup

·
Registered
512 Posts
Catahoulas are used mostly for Boar hunting, but I understand they use them for bear also, and sometimes racoons. They're the state dog of Louisiana. The mountain cur is very closely related but generally smaller. They also hunt boar but I think they use them for squirrels also. They're all around hunting dogs of that type. Also used on farms for herding. According to a book I have, Catahoulas have even been used for hunting birds. Depends on the dog I guess. I also have a Catahoula mix, and they really are smart dogs. I haven't had any trouble with mine as far as chewing up things or aggression.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have a catahoula leopard dog. they have lots of energy for sure And need something to do. so far she has done really well as a waterfowl dog. Many retrieves under her belt already at 9 months old. Just gotta let them know who the boss is. Her mom works livestock and dad chases bears. They will do what you condition them to do. Just gotta put the time in

·
Registered
10,041 Posts
Why not work with the shelter where you got him? Are you are getting rid of the dog because it is not the breed you wanted? You list a lot of positives not sure why you want to get rid of...Sad...good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts