New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now about the balloons. I have nothing against ballooners but who they hell do they think they are? They have screwed up my hunting many times,why is it that they can just land wherever the feel like it? I have had them land close to me and went out to them a couple of times just to let them know that there was people hunting in the area,but they realy couldn't care less. If I ever own a big field I am going to spell out in Big letters "NO TRESPASSING,BALLOONS NOT WELCOME"

B

·
0 Posts
I would let a few arrows fly into that ballon, that will teach those F***ERS[up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
by my house dbuck? they are always over my house. they wake me up at like 6am with the propane blast.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Woj...Did you see that big yellow and blue one yesterday? That thing landed right in the field by where I was hunting.Who is doing all the chainsawing in that area,they were going non stop all day yesterday.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i think the chainsaw was from street. no i didn't see it. with this medicain i sleep all day. they land up there alot. i see them and hear them all the time.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I used to have a spot in Pittstown to hunt, and I remember the first time I heard a propane blast, I nearly fell out of the tree. They never landed near the fields I hunted, but one morning a propane blast scared a heard of deer right past my stand and I shot a nice 6 pointer that was getting away from the noise from the balloon. That was another spot I lost due to development.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
you guys think propane blasting is bad, try hunting near a naval base when they are testing jet engines or ordinance.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
i also see alot of hang gliders where i go hunting...not a place i would wanna be when people with guns are shooting up...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had a hot air balloon come thru 2 years ago. He was so low that he had to gas up to miss the trees. Something told me to get ready and sure enough a buck came crashing thru and stopped at 15 yards. A double lung finished him off. Even though it payed off that time I would rather the balloonists stay high up so it doesnt bother anyone. The thing was loud, even disturbing people in the houses down the street...

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I personally have never had this problem, but if you are on public land then they have as much right to be there as you....goofy as they are.

Once I had a bunch of teenage girls on horseback intrude on my hunt at Paulinskill WMA. While I wasn't happy about it they had a right to be there.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I had one come down on the tree stand I was on. I had to jump off the tree stand. The basket landed inside the Briars in Flemington right off Sand Hill Road. I went over and they were laughing their heads off till I got there, and I told them what a bunch of )&(*^#& they were. Guy told me they were having trouble, and they were trying for the field but over shot it. The best part about it was the take off, he got the basket stuck on the top of an Oak, darn thing almost flip over.
Its a big problem in the Flemington area on Saturdays. You can hear them coming a mile away, and yes they do scare the deer's. Worst of all is the loud talking that goes on when there are more than one person in the basket.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Definately brings back memories. I had balloners land in the field next to the one I was hunting two times one year. I was hunting private property in White House Station. You guys are right, they are really loud and can definately ruin a hunt. Beleive me, flying an arrow or two definately crossed my mind, but i thought better of it.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Worst of all is the loud talking that goes on when there are more than one person in the basket.
There is this shumck that rids a horse through Waywayanda that talks to his riding partners at the top of his lungs...really annoying you can hear him from 300 yards away.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
yes they can land anywere, I have seen them hit a house once. Any damage to crops or property they are responsible. They are a bunch of arrogant people, the bad part is that they drive their vehicles right onto the land without asking for permission. Guy told me I could do nothing about it, they have to land they land. I'm going to check it out for sure .

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Yes they land wherever they want and definately drive right up to their balloon no matter what the circumstance. The nice ones bring a bottle of champaigne and leave it with whomever the property owner is for all the trouble. Hey buddy, thanks for the champaigne but who is going to fix the damage to my house from when you so expertly piloted your balloon right into it. Also who is going to fix the tire tracks you left in my lawn when you decided to drive right down to your balloon. Yes, this happened to a neighbor of mine. And no, the champaigne was no consolation for the damage that was done. LOL

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I used to have a spot in Pittstown to hunt, and I remember the first time I heard a propane blast, I nearly fell out of the tree.
I hear ya!!!

They are always flying those damned balloons over my farm in Sergeantsville. If you're not ready for it, that propane blast will make you jump!!![smirk]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts