New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Fort Dix is a public range, am I right that you still have to pay a $60 year member fee? And do you think it will be packed tomorrow? TIA

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so then help me with this...I've the rarest of the rare opportunity this weekend. The wife and kids are gone and I'm on my own![drinking][drinking][drinking]

So I figured I'd sight in the turkey gun, try out the new youth gun I bought for my son (later this year), break out the old 10/22 (which hasn't been shot in ages), check out some of the pistol ranges (I've been meaning to see), scout where I plan to hunt A week and maybe get in a little fishin'. It'll take me 45 minutes to get to Ft. Dix and an hour and 15 to get to Stafford Forge Range. Which would you do? (I know...stupid questions, but...I've never been free like this so I'm very confused right now!!Somebody help me![lol][lol])

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
i would goto a local range for a turkey gun sight in. your going to wanna change targets alot and at for dix u gotta wait every 20 mins or so (i forget the interval) but for clays or target practice range 14 is good

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
If the Stafford Forge Range is not busy go there. Ft Dix on a saturday,right before turkey season, sucks. They also limit you to 1 hour when there is a waiting list.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NJGunner...Good advice and as always, nice tata's!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx Joex as well. I'd normally go to Colliers or Assunpink, but they don't allow lead anymore[wallmad]

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
FT Dix is the place to go and if you get there early you won't have a problem getting a table. You do have to wait for a cease fire every 20 minutes to change targets it is best to set up several targets so you have enough to shoot at between cease fires.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Dix is every 15 to 20 min. like folks are saying. You can get it down to a system of having targets ready, being able to change guns, etc. after a while.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you do go to Stafford, please clean up. I volunteered time for the massive cleanup last month. You wouldn't believe the crap people leave behind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts