New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 f250 due for inspection but it wont pass because the comp test comrs up n/a for two of the emmisions test. Tech say battery must have beem disconnect, but it hasent in two yrs. Went back today got same test code error. Wtf

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Was the check engine lamp on recently or codes cleared? Also check the fuses I think it's the same fuse that powers the power point or lighter is a 10 amp. That may be blown not allowing the computer to communicate with the vehicle

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
i think you can hook up a obd-2 tool and have it run the self diagnostic tests.it takes a couple hours of driving to finish the tests. maybe your oxygen sensors. take it to auto zone and they will hook it up to the reader for free if you cant get your hands on one.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went monday, mech pluged in the hand help comp and got the two n/a oxgyen sensor readings,told me come back friday, 100 miles later but still test the same n/a for oxygen sensor

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Muzzy 1. Im having a wiper issue where wipers come on every 20 seconds so I have the fuse out, also the overhead console gauge which tells me temp,milage,compass dir is not working. Can this be the trbl

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
100 miles should have been more then enough. i would check your wire harness connections and seen if theres damage anywere. it could be the computer ecm going bad. you should have a check engine light if it were the oxy sensors. check your ground to the battery and clean your terminals to rule that out first

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
that sucks. i have seen it take up to two weeks and a couple hundred miles to run the monitors. O2s usually set pretty quick. Is it a 5.4l and does it have california emmisions? If not i may not be obdII compliant in that model year. See if you have o2s after the converters or check the emmisons tag under the hood and see if it states it is obdII

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
sounds like you have 3 different problems.If the cat system is not ready it cant pass.When inspection plugs their computer in it will read code p1000 if any part of the emissions systems havent gone through their self test.It has to say system pass to pass inspection with no emissions codes in the memory.Drive it around town over the weekend,stop and go,all different driving types and you should be good to go.If you have someone with a scan tool check to see if it has a system pass make sure they dont clear the codes or reset the pcm then you will have to start all over again

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
the overhead is unrealated i think . thats a known common failure. and theres a fix for that. i think after you check the ground and cables. then isolate the wipermotor from the electical system to see if its related.there maybe a pcm update that can help. i have a 2002 diesel im not sure if there is one for the gas. i did read of faulty wires on a fuel module did cause the o2/catylyst not ready problem. good luck i feel your pain i have inspection every year during the rut. im always late[wallmad]

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
automedic.com good forums for all types of vehicles,found it helpful a few times.you dont have to sign up,just read related posts and can usually find someone with a similar problem and how they fixed it.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have a shop in Flemington which monitors are not complete? All u need is one more to pass/complete u can pass with one not done usually evap is last. 1996-200 2 allowed not done 2000 and newer only one. Let me know what's not complete maybe I can help. And sorry in advance if u mentioned didn't read whole dourm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.