New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Ford Explorer with the keyless entry, but I dont have the code for it. I know its printed under the hood somewhere, but I cant find it. Does anyone know where to look for it?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
for 2002 and up Explorer, there is 2 ways to get the code. The easiest is to go to the dealer, put it on the scanner and pull the code. Some dealers charge $40, some do it for free. The 2nd is to get the code of the box which is in the passenger c pillar for 02 and up, not under the hood. The c pillar is the one by the back seat, and a bit tricky to remove the trim if you don't know what you're doing. If you want to try it, you need to remove the top trim piece, fold the back seat and pull the bottom trim piece enough to see the black box with a white label. The larger 5 digit code is the one you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That's where it is. prior to 02 they were in the access compartment on the passenger side in the cargo area. Alot easier to get to. I would call a few local ford service centers, tone may do it for free, and it only takes 2 or 3 minutes. Either way, good luck to you.[up]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No dealer would give you an entry code over the phone, just because you provide a vin #. It has to be scanned or located manually. Open the right/rear door. Gently pull the on-body weatherstrip slightly away from the body at the rear side of the door opening. Fold and lock the right/rear seat back down into the locked position. Carefully pull the trim panel that houses the seat belt height adjuster and anchor pivot off of the body. Now carefully pull the lower trim panel from the inside outward far enough to expose the VSM (Vehicle Security Module). This module has three electrical connectors plugged into it, coloured green, grey and blue. On the module is a label bearing a number similar to 3L2T-15K602-EA. On the same label will be FIVE large numbers. Those five numbers are your five digit keyless entry keypad code.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Those five numbers are your five digit keyless entry keypad code.
I don't know if you could do it on the Explorer, but I changed mine from the factory set one to my own on my '09 F150.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.