New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of gun are you going to use? Shotgun or muzzle loader?
I'll be using a inline 50 cal.

B

·
0 Posts
12ga. REMINGTON 11-87 SPS (rifled, cantilever barrel) topped off with a Leupold VX-II 3-9X40, 2-3/4" Lightfield EXP slugs

·
Registered
751 Posts
870 Express 12 ga with a Hastings rifled bbl and a Bushnell Red Dot on top. I'll probably be in Jefferson Twp near Berkshire Valley Road and a pile of donuts.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be sitting on a grease pit w/burnt honey/anise sticking to the hemlocks. I'll start it the day before the opener.
Can you bait bear in NJ? My set up has nothing for them to eat, so it's legal anywhere. We use it to bring bears to an area so we can run them.

B

·
0 Posts
baiting is allowed , if your 300 feet away. Also depends where you hunt. If your hunting on any FEDERAL lands no baiting of any kind is allowed

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew about the fed land. But 300ft ? Think it's worth baiting that far out? Hope nobody sets up near another's bait pile not knowing & gets the ticket.

B

·
0 Posts
hunters that hunt private land are baiting and sitting in a tree 25 yards away we all know this. Is it worth baiting 300 feet away, for me NO, where I hunt I always see bears

B

·
0 Posts
"35" (aka POPS) if you get a bear this year, you call me and this young buck will come give you a hand and some OXYGEN[up]:p

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No attractant's I guess mean nothing at all. But baiting is defined as food source. Grease slick & burnt honey comb can't be eaten. I know my buddies up in willismport use a grease slick. Put it down once & it good for a month. But i guess they are bending the rules is the code states "No attractants"

B

·
0 Posts
you sure it was you? remember your slow, when you forget to take your meds

1 - 20 of 39 Posts