New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specialized Stump Jumper Elite.

This particular bike was not ridden much, in fact, I think I only put about 10hours on it and I'm buying an S-Works model because I'm dumb enough to spend upwards of $10k on a freaking bike, so, no need for this ride anymore.

The model I have for sale features the most recent generation of Brain Shock. The Shock can be locked out for flat terrain or steep climbs, however, the true beauty of this shock is the fact that it automatically senses the terrain on which you're riding and adjusts itself; the rider can adjust the sensitivity and what-not.

Here is a photo of the bike for sale, this is an internet photo because I am too lazy to walk 15' into my garage and take a picture. It is in this color scheme.

Located in Princeton Twp, Mercer County...
$2250/obo

Here is a link to the model on Specializeds Site. You can find all of the technical specs here:

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=52824&menuItemId=0

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
tempting but I value my balls too much and if I were to do something like this, said balls would no longer be attached to me. Good Luck. Got a miniscus tear and achilles tendonosis that I'm working through but we're gonna have to get that ride with members together one day.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a miniscus tear and achilles tendonosis that I'm working through but we're gonna have to get that ride with members together one day.
Same here, bro, I have tears in (whats left of) both my medial and lateral menisci. I've had multiple surgeries to repair and remove tears as well as resurface the bones and reconstruct my ACL... Not a good time.

Last year, I blew out my shoulder, tearing my roatator cuff. I had AC separation and had minor fractures in my collar bone, twice; so done with being hurt.

I'm always down for a ride or jump session [up][up]

I can find the same one on ebay for dirt cheap!!!rofkrofkrofk
No you cant. You may be able to find a stock older model for less money, but, it wont have the technology and as little ride time as this bike has.

I bought this bike as yet another back up bike, last summer. I ended up destroying my shoulder practicing for a motocross race which kept me from riding it, much; its mint.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
You'll spend 10K on a bike, but are too lazy to walk 15 feet to the garage... nice. (and I say this with about 8K in 2 road bikes hanging up that haven't been ridden since August) [hihi]

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Otter, large frame. I'm 5'11", kinda built and I fit well on it.

Jersey, I bought a 29er stumpjumper this summer, I rode it for a few weeks and sold it. I liked the momentum, but, I couldn't corner as aggressively on it. Don't hate them, just not in the market for another. I'm looking at a few bikes including the Jekyl.

Hunt, money spent on bikes is money spent on health, thats how i sell it to my woman :). I'm actually looking to get into road biking and yes, I will spend 10k on a bike and was too lazy to take a photo last night :).

What do you ride, bike wide, hunt ??

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
**wise

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
What do you ride, bike wide, hunt ??
Kestrel Evoke with all Shimano 105 black components for daily use, training.
Trek Madone 6.2, Ultegra components, for serious rides and comp.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Do you realize how much a bike depreciates once it is sold as new?? It has nothing to do
how many times you rode it.Good luck with your sale...but in my opinion your better off taking it back too a bike shop to get any where near that kind of money...again good luck.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you realize how much a bike depreciates once it is sold as new??
Sure do. This bike retails for nearly $1,000 more than I'm selling it for. However, the condition of a bike does have influence on sale price, and, the less a bike is ridden, the better condition it is in, generally. Mountain bikes(high end) hold their value far better than motorcycles and cars, in my experience

Trek Madone 6.2, Ultegra components, for serious rides and comp.

I had looked at a few of the Fuji road bikes when I rode Fuji Mountain Bikes, since then, haven't really pursued a road bike... However, I plan to get into it, one day, not sure which brand I'll end up with (I have this strange thing with having to have all of the same brand bikes; having a Fuji hanging in my garage next to Specializeds really erks me)

I've gotta ride a few and get educated on road bikes/biking first, but, I've also just gotta stop spending money on bikes for a while...[rofl]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts