New Jersey Hunters banner

for all of you out of work!!!

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  CYP 
#1 ·
do you guys know that you can go through unemployment and get a wia grant for knew job training as long as the career is in demand they will pay up to 4000 dollars and if you go to a school that accepts the pell grant that an additional 5000 some odd dollars you gotta do it quick though like 2 months before your programs starts mine started yesterday but i had to go through some crap make sure you go to the county you live in cause its not worth all the papper work to do trans county crap that why im late wish me luck guys in to my first step of my auto tech career!!!!

#9 ·
Ive been out of work for a very long time. It really plays on your self worth. Sched for state exam on tues morning. Im glad the system finally works for all not just some. Doing a am hunt and that will be it until after tuesday. It will be nothing but books until then.
Dave

#15 ·
So whats this program everyone is talking about? I've been unemployed since Feb and have been going to the Elizabeth office, they keep telling me there are no funds available and at age 63 you would be better off taking early social security because your not going to find a job.

So what's up with that.

#16 ·
hey keep telling me there are no funds available and at age 63 you would be better off taking early social security because your not going to find a job.
wow thats f-ed up there should be everyones entitled to it just have to contact county one stop career center and get appointments and such ill post it up tomorrow if i can find it

#17 ·
ithaca10, thats not true. they are trying to discourage you. you got to play hard ball with them. i did. make an appt. with career beacon. thats the first step. if you are a vet, ask for that rep. i did. its alot of work. dont let them off the hook. you earned it.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.