New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys and gals who hunt private land / hunting clubs plant food plots? i so what and how does it work?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We have several small food plots, they produce some deer, early in the season we concentrate on the natural foods deer are feeding on. Late season/post rut the plots seem to concentrate the does bringing in the fellas.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah, whats left of the clover was pretty well hit up before the snows arrival, sort of looks like a golf green and the sorghum was gone mid november.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'm thinking of helping my father-in-law put some plots in his property in the catskills. He has many fields and we were thinking of planting some corn rows and pumpkin. How do you guys think that will work?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Yes it will mpemt24, if you are doing a mix plot, like: treeline - corn rows ( 3 or4 )- pumkin 93 or 4 ) then the rest in Imperial clover mixed in with a strip of sorghum. That will help in keeping the deer at ease as they come in to the center of the plot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.