New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used the flying arrow broadheads? I got some to try with the XBow this year but I would like to know what I have instore.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I shot a doe with one last year.I wasn't real impressed.No more damage then your regular fixed blade with the same cut diameter.the blades deform after it passes through.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
It can core A apple.Nothing better than grim reaper razor cut!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess Ill be shooting apples this year. I do love apple pie♥ ☺☻

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They shoot extremely well for me so I'm probably not changing until I run out

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
They shoot good and kill deer.The way they look I was just expecting a little more damage.
This same design was around in the 70's, forgot the original name. The design is prone to entry and exit wounds leaving poor blood trails, which is why they fell to the wayside. Most reviews point to weak blades and poor blood trails. They are a gimmick, and for the price there are many better heads to choose from. Most modern heads fly well out of properly tuned equipment, so "they fly well" is not saying much. Guys are gonna use them, and I say good luck.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
This same design was around in the 70's, forgot the original name. The design is prone to entry and exit wounds leaving poor blood trails, which is why they fell to the wayside. Most reviews point to weak blades and poor blood trails. They are a gimmick, and for the price there are many better heads to choose from. Most modern heads fly well out of properly tuned equipment, so "they fly well" is not saying much. Guys are gonna use them, and I say good luck.
Pretty much exactly how I feel about them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are they that good? I've only shot rage with my bow now I have a shoulder issue and got a ten point and it doesn't seem fair how well they shoot.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Are they that good? I've only shot rage with my bow now I have a shoulder issue and got a ten point and it doesn't seem fair how well they shoot.
IMO Grims are one of the best on the market,I can't say that I have shot rage broadheads but with all the negativity about them I wouldn't even chance it and I used to be a fixed broadhead guy and started playing around with mechanicals.i can honestly say that Grims hands down is a top notch mechanical,never a failure and I have shot multiple deer with the same broad head,they absolutely devastate on their trip through.You would not be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts