New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have just made our reservation to camp in North South Lake campground in Haines Falls NY. It is 8 miles northeast of Hunter Mountain and less than a mile to Kaaterskill Falls. I was wondering if anyone has ever fished that area before, or if anyone knows of any good drift boat guides in the area?
Any info is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
What are you fishing for, trout? I know there are lots of smaller wild brook trout streams in that area. As for a driftboat, I can't say I know that area fishing-wise enough to point you to a larger river for a drift trip.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The esopus river is not all that far from there I think. My friend jon huff at streams of dreams in saddle river would be able to help u maybe ever guide u. He has fished the esopus billions of time n is a ny registered guide. His drift boat is up in MA n now would have u in a floating scaddeb pontoon boat

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I think hunter mountain had a fly fishing school at the Mountain. Might want to check them out.

There is also a nice reservior up there that might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I just put a call into Hank Rope at "Big Indian Guide Service" read some good reviews on him, has a lot of experience. I will post plenty of pics when i return

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.