New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well myself, my cousin John and my friend Jeremy headed down to fish with Capt Hal and the Sea Tiger. My buddy seatigerjeff was supposed to work but since the weather wasnt 2 good this morning they didnt need 2 mates so jeff stayed and fished with us. Started off the morning with a slow pick of shorts with an almost non-existent drift. Wind against tide. I was casting out and working my bucktail back to the boat trying to make something happen. Caught a few shorts. Look over to my right anf Fish on, Jeff hooked into a keeper and was the first one out of our group to put a keeper in the boat. Another 45 minutes or so of picking shorts and My buddy Jeremy hooks into a nice 4 lber(Which turned out to the pool winnner).. Little while later i land my first keeper. My cousin John was struggling to put a keeper in the boat but was at least catching fish. About an hour later i hooked into a NICE fish. My pole doubled over and had some REAL nice head shakes. I was excited. I start reeling and BAM, my line snapped right at the top eye of my pole. WTF?? Im using power pro and its less then a year old. The old thing i can think of is that it somehow maybe rubbed up on something. DAMN IT!!! O well, About 10 minutes after that i hooked into a nice 3 lber, then the bite slowed down. Capt. Hal made a move out towards the tip of the hook and the tide was ripping. I was barely feeling bottom with a 6 ounce bucktail. I caught 4 or 5 more shorts and it was time to come in. Total for our group was 4 keepers, Me with 2, my buddy jeremy with 1 and jeff with 1 and my cousin john with the skunk. Slow day fishing but it was nice to finally be back on the water after my surgery. Thanks to Capt Hal and Earl for a great day on the water. If you guys are looking to go fluking on a head boat, head down to the sea tiger. Top notch captain and awesome crew [up][up]

Here are some pics

4 Keepers

Me and Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
congrats on the catches! [up][up]

glad to see you didnt have to chum the waters this time!:p

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad to see you didnt have to chum the waters this time
hahaha....I dont get sea sick. I honestly think that may have been from my appendicitis. I was sick that day and the few days after leading up to having to get my appendix removed in emergency surgery.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
this goes to show that fish to want to kill themselves ,lou cant fish for sh*t so it is the only thing I can think off ---fish suicide---

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
I go on that boat at least 8 times every summer. As a matter of fact I'm going on tomoroow with my family. They do have a good crew on that boat. ;)

But I just cant wait to get my Kayak, I'll be fishing non-stop. ;)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Glad you had a nice time and put some keepers in the box too [up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Wow 2 keepers??? You doubled your total from all last year, great job lou.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts