New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heading out fluke fishing with my father and a friend ouf ours...any specific area where they are doing the best...we will most likely stay in the bay and around the hook...any info is appreciated..
max

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL...yea a good pair of Binoculars always comes in handy...thanks for the info...did you guys try out by Flynns Knoll at all...someone said they were picking up good numbers of fluke out there also...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot...i havent gotten out there at all this year so im pretty excited..been doin alot of freshwater..

max

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Who are you calling naked, fat, and hairy??? Sounds like pure jealousy :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VENISONEATR- how deep were you guys fishing last sunday?? Ive heard a few ppl saying 35-45 feet...that can be tough with the current and need for alot of weight...we usually only went down to about 15-25 feet..just curious..

max

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I can remember drifting up against the range bouys and needing 6-8 oz to hold bottom. If you catch it right, there's some nice one's out there.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
VENISONEATR- how deep were you guys fishing last sunday?? Ive heard a few ppl saying 35-45 feet...that can be tough with the current and need for alot of weight...we usually only went down to about 15-25 feet..just curious..
We found most of the fish in 30'-40' of water. When the tide and wind are whipping together we had a hard time holding bottom with 8 oz. When the wind was against the tide you could fish 2-3 oz. no problem. Try and drift across the channel edges and make sure you can feel your sinker lifting off the bottom and dropping back down. This is where the sensitivity of braided line really shines ;)
Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks alot for the info...yea ive switched all my rods over to fireline in the past few years...it casts great,, never snaps, and has great sensitivity..the only thing is you gotta watch your fingers when grabbing the line..slices right into your hands...im gonna bring down a lighter rod also for using soem bucktails...cant wait to hit the water
max

1 - 14 of 14 Posts