New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we need that countdown to the fluke outting on the main page, Drag.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
9 lbs. and more importantly I've got the GPS coordinates where it was caught;) A spot that always produces :D

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Venisoneatr you put me on fish like that and you can hunt my property anyday..!!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I keep my boat up near the Tappan Zee bridge and run it down to the bay. It takes about 1-1.5 hours. I just mentioned Jersey City because it would be easier to pick guys up there.

hkdonfishn you got a standing invitation... you let me know when.

Jimmy

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow that's a ride but it would be the same as us driving to the atlantic highlands then putting boat in.

i used to fish jersey city with my friend for fluke and stripers. we used to kill them around ellis island. strong currents though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It actually takes longer to drive to Atlantic Highland and launch. The thing that sucks is the wear and tear on the outboard. I have to live with it for now. I'm locked into the slip for the season. I might eventually try and get a spot at Englewood. Which would cut about 1/2 hour off the trip down. It's a nice ride from up there though it's the gas bill that really hurts[down]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, is your boat up near Stony Point? We used to have my boat up there. Also, is that near where that plane went down yesterday?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not too far from there... it's in Haverstraw. I didn't hear about the plane???

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Plane called for a may day and parachuted to a Hudson River inlet called something pond. The pilot swan to shore. The plane is still in 30 feet of water. They plan to remove it sometime next week.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Jim, do ever fish under the Narrows bridge or bring your boat into the sound to fish?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If you are talking about the area under the Verrazano called the "Narrows", then heck yeah!!! Good spot [up] I've gone into the sound a few times but NY fish laws are more stringent then ours. I fish the East River quite a bit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts