New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the fluke season ending today for the majority of recreational sportsmen and woman. Many feel cheated out of a long weekend of summer flounder fishing.. However, if you had the money to be the highest bidder for a RSA permit you will beable to keep fishing during a closed fishery..

Just doesnt seem right... first we're hit with 6 fish at 18" while commercial limits are at 14"s and closes sometime in Jan. Then the season doesn't include both holiday weekends and now if your willing to fork out a ton of $$$$ you can get a permit to keep fishing..

Yeah sounds just like the pay to play scam in politics!!

just not right!![down]

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
It is just like last year if you were fishing in the "governor's cup" tournament on Island beach you could keep keeper fluke after the season closed

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
commercial limits are at 14"s and closes sometime in Jan
your way off you sould not post something you know nothing about. Im commercial and we have been shut down all summer. Open till jan dont i wish. What we will have is two trips of 3000 this mounth big deal we get sh#% for the year and we open jan 1 and it will be like the last two years open on the first and close on the second no one should post some thing they know jack about

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
And does anyone know just "WHO" owns these permits ???? Should be public info. I heard it was like 80 grand to own one and they are only a limited number of them granted.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What about the 'Rod and reel commercial' guys fishing in the rivers from april thru Nov keeping all the 14in.+ fish.One guy in the Shrewsbury river had over 400lbs one day.That drives me NUTS[wallmad]

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
YES ONESHOT it's the feds that autoin theses off what you are buying is wieght that was put aside out out the tolal number do i think it's right no it's a money thig but dont nock or make up lies about the commercial guys

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ive been fishing 300 days a year for the last 32 years i almost fell off the chair when you said some one had 400lbs in nov in the shrewsbury river you insane

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Summer flukin has become a joke for the Recreational angler,I won't throw shots at any commercial guys but the politicians who let's just say have "interests" in the matter have caused the debockle. The whole way that the rec size and catch limits are figured is a complete farce.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hey Smitty-Im sorry I dint state that it was mid June when I saw him.F&G confirmed he had the permit and amount that was sold that day.Would you like the name of the boat?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok Smitty so explain how there are reopening your commercial permit on Sept 6. 09 its also allocated as per fish and game the commercial season is broken down to six seasons..

So anyone who wants to fish for fluke go to the Angler in AH

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
we have six season but like i said there is no weight they open one day and close the next by the way i was on the phone today with the state and if you dont know it yet they have you guy way over. so what do you think is gonna happen now i cant Tell you if you want let me know if you cant figure it out

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ok i cant wait stackum i will tell ya it is gonna come out of are end like aways but you would not know would ya

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Hey Smitty-Im sorry I dint state that it was mid June
you must of had your mounths mixed up a little. You guys are to much. And the season was open in juNe it lasted 8 days 400lbs a day big deal

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I agree wackum it's B.S but we have it so bad right now i might loose my house i dont know where to go im 47 years old and have one more kid to put throw school

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
you must of had your mounths mixed up a little. You guys are to much. And the season was open in juNe it lasted 8 days 400lbs a day big deal
The commercial rod and reel season opens in early April so you really dont know too much about it.His catch[the state gave me all the info on his landings]was staggering[wallmad]We are throwing back 17 3/4in. fish and hes in the boat next to us keeping EVERYTHING 14+[wallmad]And laughing about beig able to do so when other anglers question him on it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts