1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floods muddy shad picture
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
BY FRED J. AUN
For the Star-Ledger
Anglers gearing up for this year's Delaware River shad run might consider buying some special equipment. Leave room in the shopping cart, maybe next to the chartreuse and pink shad darts, for winches, hoists, grappling hooks and chains.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/111328147677940.xml

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi, this is my first time here. really nice diverse site. i live on the river in Layton and hav been guiding for shad for 12 yrs. take it from me, flood or no flood, the shad will be here. they always are. some years more than others, but they will come. the river up this way isn't in bad shape at all. matter of fact, the conditions are ideal for this years run. Fred Aun couldn't catch a cold, let alone a shad.

john

·
Registered
612 Posts
Based on your name, I assume you guide for muskies too. How is the muskie fishing on the deleware? I've caught some decent cats, some eels, and shad up your way, but never hooked a muskie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
JF, yea, been guiding muskies for many years. I do most of my muskie trips on greenwood and hopatcong, but there's been a pretty good increase in the number of muskies on the river in recent years due to the stocking efforts of NJ F&G. last fall we boated muskies every time out while walleye fishing. best times for muskies on the river are november, december, and march. for more info check out muskiedaze.com

john

·
Registered
612 Posts
Never tried greenwood, but I'm not all that fond of fishing hopatcong... too many waterskiers and PWC's around... the water has a constant chop in summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts