New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
I've spent most of my turkey hunting time in the flatbrook area within a mile or so of the river. Two years ago, I came across a black bear sow and three cubs (all about the size of cats). This year, I have a spot picked out on the mountains on the northwest side of the brook... probably soutwest of where you're heading.

G

·
I'm going to the range on March 17th, mandatory qualifactions for the job, I hate range day, its such a loooooonnnnngggggggg day. Cl [no swearing please] room in the morning, then written test, then shooting duty weapon both night/day shooting, shotgun, then M-16, then if there is enough time then I qualify with my off duty gun.

· Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, I know where you are then... between dingmans and 206 along old mine road. I was out in my Land cruiser over the summer with the wife and saw a few mother hens with their broods right in that area... actually the corn fields just north of dingmans bridge.

G

·
I agree the deer heard isnt what it once was, I would in the past see 25 plus deer per day while bow hunting, then it went down to 3 deer per day, this year seemed better, but I didn't see any rack bucks, like I have in the past. My NJ bear came from this area.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.