New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Im in with you Drag, then I can show you the area I hunt, and then you will change your mind and will be hunting with us.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Drag... I'm up for that. I need to pattern mine also... but I'm booked until the last weekend in march. Let me know when you want to head up and I'll see if I'm free.

Bowhuntercop... you hunt up near flatbrook?

B

·
0 Posts
JerseyF: yes I hunt north of the Flatbrook, I would say about 10 mins or so from the shooting range

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've spent most of my turkey hunting time in the flatbrook area within a mile or so of the river. Two years ago, I came across a black bear sow and three cubs (all about the size of cats). This year, I have a spot picked out on the mountains on the northwest side of the brook... probably soutwest of where you're heading.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm going to the range on March 17th, mandatory qualifactions for the job, I hate range day, its such a loooooonnnnngggggggg day. Cl [no swearing please] room in the morning, then written test, then shooting duty weapon both night/day shooting, shotgun, then M-16, then if there is enough time then I qualify with my off duty gun.

B

·
0 Posts
I hunt up in Monatague, its really the Delaware Water Gap property, I'm about 3 miles from Rt. 206

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah, I know where you are then... between dingmans and 206 along old mine road. I was out in my Land cruiser over the summer with the wife and saw a few mother hens with their broods right in that area... actually the corn fields just north of dingmans bridge.

B

·
0 Posts
Yes you picked me out[up]I saw alot of birds up there, deer, and bears:)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah, that area is really heavy with bear... the deer numbers in the area are on the way down from what I've heard/read... but at the same time, the rubs I've seen up there are big

B

·
0 Posts
I agree the deer heard isnt what it once was, I would in the past see 25 plus deer per day while bow hunting, then it went down to 3 deer per day, this year seemed better, but I didn't see any rack bucks, like I have in the past. My NJ bear came from this area.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Splitlim, Blackriver range is for Archery and Skeet. The signs there say you aren't allowed to pattern your guns there. But if you have some pull.;)

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am heading to the range either Wed, Thrus, or Friday morning if anyone wants to meet. I can only shoot until about 9:30 AM...then I gotta head to work. What does this mean? It means a nice and early arrival for me.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have shot there at 730 in the morning during pheasant season.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts