New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gov Cristi wrong in flying state flags at half mast for Houston.Plenty of soldiers from NJ died in the wars and no flags were flown on their behalf.Just because she was from Newark and could sing is just not enough.Just points out the reality of how much America is hooked on meds.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Idiot

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Well I will continue to beat the dead horse until we get rid of the horses ASS Christi. Whitney was certainly a popular woman among all races of men and women and her passing should be morned but she did not give her life for her country like the men and women in uniforman who died for their country, they are who we should be flying flags at half mast for.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Whitney Houston is dead?[confused][confused][ko]

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Whitney who?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I agree with what Christi did.
because a crack head is to be honored at the same level as soldiers and police officers? [eyeroll]

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
When a New Jersey soldier died flags were flown at half mast. Police officers , too. I agree with what Christi did.
When a flag is flown at 1/2 mast for police or soldiers it was because of some heroic deed they did in the line of duty that they gave their life for, How does that compare to how Whitney died?

·
Registered
122 Posts
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 88

WHEREAS, United States Marine Lance Corporal Osbrany Montes De Oca grew up in North Arlington, New Jersey and graduated from North Arlington High School; and

WHEREAS, Lance Corporal Montes De Oca enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps shortly after graduating high school; and

WHEREAS, Lance Corporal Montes De Oca was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, NC; and

WHEREAS, Lance Corporal Montes De Oca tragically lost his life while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan; and WHEREAS, Lance Corporal Montes De Oca was a dedicated Marine as well as a loving son and brother, whose memory lives in the hearts of his family and fellow Marines; and

WHEREAS, Lance Corporal Montes De Oca’s patriotism and dedicated service to his country and his fellow Marines make it appropriate and fitting for the State of New Jersey to remember him and his family, to mark his passing, and to honor his memory;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, CHRIS CHRISTIE, Governor of the State ofNew Jersey, by virtue of the authority vested in me by theConstitution and by the Statutes of this State, do hereby ORDERand DIRECT:
1. The flag of the United States of America and the flag ofNew Jersey shall be flown at half-staff at all Statedepartments, offices, agencies, andinstrumentalities duringappropriate hours on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 in recognitionand mourning of a brave and loyal American hero, United States Marine Lance Corporal Osbrany Montes De Oca.

2. This Order shall take effect immediately.
GIVEN, under my hand and seal this
16th day of February,
Two Thousand and Twelve,
and of the Independence of
the United States, the Two
Hundred and Thirty-Sixth.
/s/ Chris Christie
Governor
Attest:
/s/ Charles B. McKenna
Chief Counsel to the Governor

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Its OK to hate the Governor just because you do no need to make up reasons.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
If it gets some votes from people who didnt vote for him in the past --- Im all for it!!!

Christie is a smart man - And BTW will be our president in 2016

·
Registered
551 Posts
I feel that state flag lowering should be reserved for armed forces personnel killed in action, and any proclamations made by the President for the US flag.

For other prospective honorees, it can turn into a pissing match --- "rating" people, or groups of people.

I could even make a very strong arguement for my own Mother --- who has devoted her entire life to helping others.

See how it works?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts