New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for my Florida Concealed Carry License on May 22. I had the prints taken electronically while I was in Florida on business.

The license arrived today, almost exactly ninety days from the application. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not all of us stay in NJ all that much. It is good for those who travel a fair amount.

I agree a NJ version would be a whole lot better. Now that I think about, I have the same odds of Winning MegaMillions as I do of getting an NJ permit!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What exactly do the provisions mean? Pennsylvania says it does not recognize a florida carry permit? Am i reading this right? Can someone clarify the provisions?

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Does this mean florida doesnt honor Penn...or the opposite?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I can see it now! We just crossed the PA boarder i need to put my hand gun on my side!

I would be the first guy in line to get a NJ permit if i could. But this is a joke.
Not a joke at all. Currently you can carry in America in 40+ states. Although I carry everywhere, I just took a trip from VA to Mississippi and could legally carry in every state I was in. I just returned from Myrtle Beach. Same deal.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I got my Florida non resident back in June. I"ve been to Pa a half dozen times and haven't carried yet. I will be out west a couple times this year hunting in States where I can carry with the Florida Non Resident permit and may take a sidearm, I'll see.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gun Hunter NJ - I am in Hunterdon County

PV216 - The FL license is valid in PA. I believe the converse is also true but am not certain as I don't (and can't) have a PA LTCF.

·
Registered
615 Posts
legally, you/any citizen can OPEN CARRY in PA without having any permits. This is always an option for those of you who do not want to CCW. But be ready to discuss this with the first cop you see as you'll probably be questioned.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
What exactly do the provisions mean? Pennsylvania says it does not recognize a florida carry permit? Am i reading this right? Can someone clarify the provisions?

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Does this mean florida doesnt honor Penn...or the opposite?
It means Florida will not honor a Pennsylvania non-res permit. Yet, Pennsylvania will honor Any Florida permit reguardless of the permit holder's state of residence. The reason being from what I was told, is that Florida actually has a stricter criteria to qualify for thier permit tham PA non-res applicants do , therefore the reason they wont accept non-res permits at the time being.

And YES, Nj residents who have the FLA permits ARE legalto carry in PA. It's posted on the AG's website and I spoke personally the PA firearms AG personally to verify it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.