New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to Captain John today. The reason nobody has received their checks is because he is holding them till the trip. The reason for this is, in case of bad weather and the trip has to be cancel is easier just to give the checks back. Made a lot of sense to me.[up] Tony

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Tony,
I know the information is in a previous post, but I forgot the name of the boat, I think it leaves the dock at 3PM, I think it's out of Atlantic highlands, but I am not sure.

Also you had some tackle suggestions. I think you also said they will have clams & bunker for bait. You said if you waant eels you have to bring your own...any suggestion on where to get eels in that area....the last I checked Julians didn't sell eels.

Sorry I am to lazy to track down the other posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Name of the boat is Lucky Charm Atlantic Highlands. Eals right now are as hard to find as a Virgin in a Union Convention. Don't worry about the tackle if you have it bring it if not will take care of it. The problem with fisherman bringin eals on their own is, that if we are fishing with clams or chunking with bunkers, we are going to be at anchor. Then those that have live eals on will tangle up with every one else, next thing you know we will be throwing someone over the side:D I will have all the information by this Friday as far as what bait we will be using. This cold air couple with the run off rain water into the bay should bring the water temperature down. On Wendsday it was down to 68 degress, hopefully it will drop some more by Sunday 23.
Try to be at the dock at 2:00pm sharp, if he has no trip in the morning we might leave an hour earlier. If you have a boat rod on the stiff to heavy side bring it. Don't worry about the terminal tackle I will help you with that. If you have sinkers 4 ounces to 8 ounces bring them.
Hope I have been of some help, if not ask me and I will try to help. I live in the Elizabeth area, If you want to meet with me let me know and you can follow me. Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts