New Jersey Hunters banner

Fishing This Weekend 4/16

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lifehog 
#1 ·
What's the fishing outlook for this weekend? Water level going down? And what streams/lakes looking good and not-so-good?

I'm planning on going Saturday, and wanted to know where I should stay away from.

#5 ·
Beaver Brook and South Branch in Clinton for me possibly tonite, and definitely on Friday and Saturday.;)

Sunday morning it's the Lockatong in Kingwood Twp., then home for some Striper and Flounder fishing up near Pebble Beach section of Keyport/Raritan Bay. Bunker are all over the bay, and the BITE IS ON for both species!!!![up]

It's a tough life, but someone's got to do it !!![cool]:p

#6 ·
JJOE- If I'm not too tired when I get home from trout fishing on Sunday, and if my buddies aren't already on the water, I'll either be at Pebble Beach in a 21' Hydrosport (you'll know it when you hear the stereo system my buddy just put on it!!!) or a 31' Red ext./White int. Scarab w/T-top and Chrome Rocket Launchers. Should be on the water by 2:00 PM if all goes according to tentative plans made yesterday. If I get out, I'll keep an eye out for ya' to say "Hi".:)

#9 ·
Happily divorced in 1991....

And, currently going through my second court battle with an ex-girlfriend over getting my rights to my "alleged" 4 year old son, Hunter.

Hmmmmmmmm....Do you think his name might give his genetic origin away?!?!!?!??[smirk]

I haven't seen him in 2 years. :( [mad]

I'll enlighten you as to the "special circumstances as to why I must write 'alleged'" and concerning this Mongolian Cluster F _ _ K, if/when we meet on Saturday in Clinton. [mad]

Family Court is more like a Kangaroo Court here in NJ,especially in Monmouth County, and especially if you are the boyfriend of a woman who, unbeknownst to you, is "married" when the child was conceived three months into the relationship. [mad][down]

#10 ·
Scrubby Rack Buck - If I can get you out on one of my buddies' boats before June 15th, I'll try to give it a shot, but it's a very long shot, as they are very secretive about the "hot spots" that we fish in the rivers and in the bays, and usually it's just the same four of us fishing their two boats that I mentioned above. [down]

Right now is the time to be fishing the Pebble Beach/Keyport, Union Beach, Keansburg, and the Staten Island boundary waters across the bay for Stripers.

There are some areas up near Keyport that you can fish from the shoreline to catch Stripers at Pebble Beach and the surrounding area - See Chris at Crabby's Bait and Tackle Shop (Crabby's Bait & Tackle 229 W Front St Keyport 732-335-9311) for information as to where to go to fish the shoreline. I remember that there is a small parking area and a trail that leads down to the beach where guys fish for Stripers all day and night at Pebble Beach. A 10' - 12' Surf rod and fresh clams tied on a single or double hook Striper Clam Rig with "Stretchy String" and a 1 - 4 oz. sinker will do the trick to get you into these babies!!!! Note that the tide comes in fast there, and you may get stuck on/in a swampy island there if you're not paying attention. [up]

Also, tell Chris at Crabby's that you are interested in checking out Chris Sauerwein's CC Fly by Night Teasers and Bucktails. My buddy Chris Sauerwein makes these handmade in Sand Eel and Peanut Bunker colors - they glow in the dark and are proven to be deadly on all species of saltwater fish found in the area.

The Stripers will chase the bunker into the rivers in a few more weeks, and action should be hot and heavy on live bunkers, live herring, bunker &/or herring chunks, or my favorite: WildEye Storm Shads 5"/6" Bunker colored lures fished off of a Shakespeare Ugly Stick and Penn Graphite Reel or Spinfisher 4500 with 20# Test Power Pro Line (6# test diameter) attached to a 150# Black barrel swivel and 50# mono leader line, until mid-June, but things start to wind down then.[up]

My little 16' Sylvan is no match for the bay, especially when the wind usually kicks up out of the South every day at 2:00/3:00 PM - It makes for one hell of a long, wet, and sometimes dangerous ride back to Oceanport where I put my boat in at the ramp. [sad][down]

#11 ·
JT..I've been hearing good reports coming out from the guys fishing the flats between the towers..Clam is doing the trick. Some bunkers are in the area as well. It will bust open soon out there. I plan on getting out atleast Sat, Sunday may be a possibility it wife gives the ok :(

I hope all works out with your son.:)

I'm in a 20ft blue/white starcraft.

#17 ·
ahh yes....nothing like fishing the stocking season...with all the stocker warriors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.