New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I broke an eyelet on one of my rod's and was wondering if anyone knew of a rod repair shot or custom rod builder anywhere in the central NJ area (I'm in Flemington).

Thanks! RookieHunter

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Is it the small one on the very top? You can heat it up with a lighter and it will pull right off assuming its just the tip. Then replace it with a new one. Done deal

·
Registered
366 Posts
Rookie,
I'm close to Flemington and live in Holland Twp. It's a little further from your neck of the woods, but the Owl's Nest in Alpha on the way to Phillipsburg repairs rods. They repaired one of mine last year. It's on Rt. 519. Have you asked sportsman's rendezvous on Rt. 31?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
......its not a hard repair,....you can wrap it by hand,.....and use a Cyanocrylate Resin (a nail glue which requires a spray that cures it in seconds) instead of the usual Epoxy.....I've wrapped whole rods with this.....the advantage being you don't need a motor

·
Registered
366 Posts
That sucks....I thought if they did one part of the rod, they could do it all. I guess not. I guess it's a good rod to go through the troubles of trying to put it back together. BPS has some good sales going on now. I just picked up a berkley cherry 6' med. action spinning rod from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.