New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok who uses what? I need to restring my reels. All boat fishing. Both conventional and spinning reels. Mainly fluke and stripers. I'm using power pro now but before I restring I would like some input. Anything new out there worth it?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Powerpro is all I use for stripers and fluke wouldn't change it... ever had any problems with it? If not why change up ? Sometimes I think we look for change when there's no reason to just get bored with things - good luck

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Spider wire stealth and Daiwa braids .
I also like suffix but found the other 2 lines have retained their color and uniformity longer.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I use power pro on all my reels as well. But before you change it, have reversed it yet? There's nothing wrong with the line in underneath layers. Braid, no matter what kind has no memory like mono does.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
:D I my opinion, braid is for casting and mono is for boat fishing. I am not discounting the use of braid in fishing from a boat, just that it's not needed. A reason why you may want braid on a boat is for spool capacity. You can put at least twice as much braid as the equal test of mono. If expense is not a factor, use braid for everything.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I my opinion, braid is for casting and mono is for boat fishing. I am not discounting the use of braid in fishing from a boat, just that it's not needed.
[spy] Guess you don't fluke fish much. Braid provides much better sensitivity and there is less drag on the line due to the thinner diameter allowing you to fish with less weight. Both are crucial when targeting this particular bottom species.

When it comes to striper fishing, I like fishing braid when jigging, throwing plugs, eeling or chunking. For livelining, I like mono. But thats a personal preference. Some days livelining we have seen mono far outfish braid[confused]

as far as brands, I prefer sufix. I just wish they made a 15# line.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
MS22 if you like sufix, but want 15 pound , try Spider wire stealth. out of the box it is stiffer for the first day of fishing but after using it one time the only way to tell sufix and stealth apart is the stealth holds its color while the sufix washes out and gets lighter in color.

and the stealth can be bought in 15 pound

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.