New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about Arcadia Lake, or any of the ponds(Dunkers, Hanks, Cedar) that surround Clinton Reservoir. The reason I ask is because I'm looking for some new bodies of water to try, especially for ice fishing. If anyone has any info on these or suggestions to any other bodies and you don't mind sharing, than please do. You can also e-mail me if you like.
I know it was mentioned on a thread earlier about getting an outing organized, but I haven't heard anything since. Most lakes should be good to go with all this cold weather, so let's try to make it happen. :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Woj, these ponds surround Clinton Reservoir on the Newark watershed properties near West Milford, Passaic County. I know the reservoirs are off limits to ice fishing, but I'm wondering about these ponds that surround the reservoir.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I don't believe Newark watershead allow any ice fishing. They don't allow hunting after 1/1.

Hanks pond was closed to all fishing the last I checked. I remember when I was a little kid some of my friends fathers used to fish there. Maybe because I was little, but the b [no swearing please] they caught looked huge that is 5 lb catagory

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
luv2hunt, I was thinking of going to Hopatcong the day after Christmas. I didnt get much of a response though. If you want to hook up let me know.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SRB,
Day after Christmas is NG for me. I might be good for Friday the 30th, other than that, I don't think I will get out until after the new year, but I'll keep in touch with you.
Hopefully we can round up a few more guys by then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts