New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the boys and I have been having a great time fishing together (which is the most important thing).

They are perfectly happy catching sunnies all day long. Doesn't matter how big or small the fish are, they get a thrill out of reeling in anything. They love being out on the banks of a lake or pond casting all day, watching birds, frogs, turtles, etc.

Daddy, however, would like to catch something else. All I've caught since May (besides sunnies) is one pickerel. One. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried worms (real & rubber), grubs, spinners, rapalas, all sorts of rubber creatures, and all I've caught is one pickerel.

Most lures are now worthless for me, because anywhere that I fish is FULL of weeds, and the only time the lure looks like something a fish would eat is when it's flying through the air.

HELP!! Any pointers that you can give would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Try to find a spot that is not so weedy and use some live minnows. They have always worked for me to catch a bass or 2 when the fishing was tough with lures. Or if minnows are hard to find in your area some small sunnies work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.