New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted on T-man and wanted to share it. Very cool video!!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Interesting animal behavior by the fox. He was "licked" but when the guy scared the fisher away, the fox did not run. Instead he went back after the fisher. Tough SOBs! Cool video. Can't wait to show my kids![up]

(although when the guy asked the fox if it was ok, it reminded me of the bear people![hihi])

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice vid.

·
Registered
991 Posts
WONDER WHERE IT WAS FILMED. I KNOW JERSEY HAS THEM BUT HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ONE IN THIS STATE? I THINK I MAY HAVE SEEN ONE A FEW YEARS BACK CROSSING THE ROAD ON "SHADES OF DEATH ROAD." IT HAD DARK FUR AND WAS PRETTY GOOD SIZE. SEEMED RATHER LARGE AND TOO DARK A FUR TO BE AN OTTER.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IF YOU LOOKED AT THE INFO IN THE VIDEO YOU WOULD'VE SEEN THAT IT WAS IN NY, THE ADIRONDACKS TO BE SPECIFIC. Can we stop yelling now?

·
Registered
4,236 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fisher are known for being aggressive, They are in the weasel family..
I just gained a new respect for the GreyFox !
I thought the same thing when I first watched it. All that crying the fox was doing and it stayed alive. That's a tough critter!

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Also a fisher is the only natural predator to a porcupine. It is fast enough to flip a porcupine on its back were there are no quills and eat them. I have come upon porcupine dead on its back with the entire inside eaten out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts