New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas - I live down south, but I'm going to be in Burlington County this weekend and want to try to get a little fishing done. Can someone point out a good spot to do some fishing? I won't have a lot of time, so I want to keep it in Burlington county or very close. I'm leaving the boat at home so I'll be fishing from the shore/peer/bridge.

Thanks for your tips!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JerseyJim.

I just found Smithville Park on the internet.

What should I expect to catch there? Is there something better?

Down here, I usually fish for B [no swearing please] and Catfish. I wouldn't mind picking up my first Muskie while I was in NJ though... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 35Whelan, Thanks for the welcome and the info. The Sea Hunter looks like a fun trip, but I'm looking for something a little closer and can't spend all day fishing (I wish I could though...)

How's fishing around Riverton? It's on the Delaware River and only about 15 minutes away from where I'll be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mysticguido. I think I'll check out the Delaware River.

I guess B [no swearing please] and Cat are popular in the river. Any chance I'll find any Muskie? What about Trout?

Again, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I don't know how far into burlington county you are but if you drive to seaside heights, island beach state park they are catching striped b [no swearing please] there now. I caught 4 last night, one keeper the rest smallies.

Dennis

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Jfinn, with all the flooding we had you might get luck and get a Musky or Trout. There is a river just north of where you'll be at I don't think they stock it you can try it.It's called the Rancocas River.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts