New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First morning out this season | Watch the Video! - "Rattled" up a 6-Pointer

This morning was my first time out in the woods this bow season. Brought my trusty "Lucky-Seven" Antlers with me & "Rattled-up" this small
6-Point Buck about an hour after daybreak & cracked him with my Crossbow. Those antlers that I "Rattle" with are around my neck in the picture. My Father shot that seven-point buck back in 1975 and I`ve used this very same pair of antlers for many years and have "Rattled" and killed countless bucks in New Jersey with them.

Ken-Beam--Bow-and-Arrow-Season--2014.jpg

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Nice! I hunt just outside Califon's town's limit by the way.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Hmmm a bit of the old n the new.

Reactions: KenBeam

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
First of all congrats there Ken!!!Second just have a question them"s real antler's?I also had decent success with year before racks,cut the brows off as they can ouch lol was always my understanding older they got drier they got to where the sound produced a buck could desiver real or what the heck?

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
[QUOTEhe rattling horns are bigger than the racked bucks.][/QUOTE]Size doesn't matter or does it lol

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[QUOTEhe rattling horns are bigger than the racked bucks.]
Size doesn't matter or does it lol[/QUOTE]

Ha! Ha! You`re quite observant aren`t ya now????? ha! ha! ............. Well like I said, it was my first time & last time this Bow Season, so I ain`t too fussy....... `Cause where I`m from the horns are only good for stirrin` the soup buddy! --- ha! ha!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great Ken those antler are yours dad and he will always be with you hunting.
Hey BlackDog - Thanks a lot............. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Congratulations. Any hunt you can bring dad on is a success

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First of all congrats there Ken!!!Second just have a question them"s real antler's?I also had decent success with year before racks,cut the brows off as they can ouch lol was always my understanding older they got drier they got to where the sound produced a buck could desiver real or what the heck?
Ha! Ha! Yep....... "Them`s" are real antlers Bob............... Well............ I don`t know about all that horseshit ya read, but I can tell ya this......... those old Lucky-Seven Antlers have Rattled in a bunch of Bucks for me over the years............ Soooooooooooooo I think it`s safe to say that nowadays Bucks dig that "Vintage Tone"! ha!~ ha!~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts