New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
same here dirtfarmer. It was nice to meet dirtfarmer and Dragthor today at pequest... both you guys let me know when you want to check out some hunting land where i hunt..

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
you guys must have got soaked! i wanted to go. i had 2 guys coming over to give me paving estimates so i had to stay home.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
How bad were the lines for the permits?
Im assuming nobody shot the 3D course right?
How was the turnout? Its a shame that it had to be so cruddy, even today isnt pretty. Why couldnt it have been 55 and sunny, like every other day?

I was gonna head over there around noon, but by the time I woke up and got ready it was getting too late. I just started a brand new job this past week. It offers a horrible commute and long hours, luckily the pay is crappy though. :D

Between being dead tired, getting up late and the rain, I said forget it. I dont even know if I will have time to turkey hunt this year. Oh well, maybe I can stop by one of these days and pick up a G permit for one of the remaining zones.

Thats cool that you guys got to meet. We will have to schedule something else soon, so more members can make it. I think the groundhog hunt/scouting would be good. Im pretty sure I will have weekends free, and I was told that I should occasionally get a day off in the middle of the week so...

Eventually we could arrange a venison bbq or something....have it at one of the state or county parks where its free. Or better yet, somewhere we could shoot our bows too. Could we BBQ at one of the WMA shooting ranges?

Anyways...sorry I didnt get out there to meet you guys. Woulda been neat.

Have a good one---Matt:)

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We ( all the njducks.com) get together at a WMA trap range & have a BBQ. We always have a good time. I never thought that many cases of shells & clay birds could be shot in a morning LOL.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
All we do is set a date & time. Who ever can make it comes. Everyone brings shells. Someone picks up cases of clay birds. Everyone brings something hotdogs, burgers, rolls what ever.
We have had a few shoots all were alot of fun, even the one without rolls for the hot dogs LOL We have had as few as 4 & as many as 20.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
We bring a grill & were told it's allowed. We go to clinton because of US-78. The Pa guys can get there easy. NO BEERS on WMA's

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I think it would be a blast!

If we do it during the next few weeks, we could really make a day of it.

Shoot bows
Fish for trout
BBQ some venison burgers, hot dogs, etc.
Bring the kids along (I have a genesis bow they could use)

It should be fun.

Go over to Mystics thread about the NJ Hunter picnic if your interested. We need to get an approximate head count, figure out who can bring what, and when we should do it.

I can bring some hot dogs and hamburgers (venison and beef)
A bow and arrows for the kids. Though I dont have any small release aids for kids, and the bow has a string loop so, if someone could bring a kids size release that would be great.

Once we figure out how many people are going, we need to figure out how much of everything we will need. Make a list like this;

Matty----Burgers and Dogs, kids bow
Mystic-----Rolls, potato chips, Soda
JerseyJim----Burgers, Ketchup, mustard

etc,.

Hope we can get it together and have a decent turnout, and a great time! :)---Matt

B

·
0 Posts
Man what a MUG shot of you 3...I will send it out ASAP...

APB any officer seeing these 3 super ugly men, approch with extreme caution they are all going thru whitetail withdrawels !!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts